An appointment with a physical therapist at Cornerstone Physical Therapy in Gahanna, OH, is a good step on the way to a better function and prevention of injury.
To make the best use of your time, please use the following guidelines:
- Dress in comfy outfits. Long sleeves or jeans are not sensible during your first evaluation since the physical therapist may need to assess your joint immovability.
- Arrive on time or a few minutes early for your appointment. This way, you will have a chance to fill out some forms if needed.
- Elaborate on the things you are unable to do, or the level of function you would like to achieve with our physical therapist at Cornerstone Physical Therapy in Gahanna, OH. This way, he will be able to attend to your needs as efficiently as possible.
- Provide information about when the nature of the pain, when it started, what might have caused it, or what aggravates it.
- Remember that you and your physical therapist in Gahanna, OH, are part of a team with a common goal – to get you better as quickly as possible.
Do your prescribed exercise program at home as instructed and try not to miss any scheduled appointments to reach your goal.
Preparing for Physical Therapy
When you visit a physical therapist at Cornerstone Physical Therapy in Gahanna, OH, for the first time, we will understand that you do not know what to expect.
Consider the following things before you seek physical therapy:
- Ask your doctor about your situation to see if physical therapy is right for your condition.
- Ask your friends if they have worked with a physical therapist in Gahanna, OH, and their experiences with physical therapy.
- If you have health insurance coverage – call your provider to learn more about the benefits and your physical therapy coverage.
- Become familiar with your medical history and medications and discuss these with the physical therapist on your first appointment.
- If it is possible, define your goals and ask yourself what you wanted to achieve. Share them with your physical therapist.
- You may need to remember that a physical therapist is an expert on mobility and strength. So, if you have any questions associated with pains – it’s more likely that he may be able to help you quickly and more efficiently.
Physical Therapy Instead of Surgery
There are several conditions like knee osteoarthritis, wherein which physical therapy is a good option for treatment. Patients who experience this condition respond well, particularly in the initial stages.
A well-strategic physical therapy program has shown to develop the body’s capability to function through coordination and strength enhancements. This routine may lessen its need for a surgical procedure.
Scott Ward, PT, Ph.D., President of the American Physical Therapy Association, has said, “Physical therapy is effective and should be considered not only by patients themselves but also the primary care doctors and orthopedists that are treating them.”
Physical therapists at Cornerstone Physical Therapy in Gahanna, OH, recognize and correct abnormal movement patterns, and create a comprehensive treatment approach each patient.
We’ll answer any questions you have about what physical therapy at Cornerstone Physical Therapy in Gahanna, OH, can do for you, and if you need to come in, we’ll see you as quickly as possible.